A simple way to cook chicken, these air fryer chicken tenderloins only take a few minutes and come out juicy and perfectly seasoned. A great way to enjoy naked chicken tenders that are gluten free, dairy free, and low carb. Perfect for use on salads, wraps, or with your favorite dipping sauce.
My ninja food strikes again. Just like with air fryer turkey tenderloins, these ninja foodi chicken tenderloins come out perfectly done in the air fryer without a lot of fuss.
And just like the turkey tenderloins, this recipe is very allergy friendly and safe for someone with almost any dietary needs to enjoy. If you have a soy allergy, feel free to use coconut aminos or simply omit that ingredient.
Why you'll love this recipe:
- They are low carb. Unlike breaded chicken tenders, these chicken tenders are flavored with spices and totally low carb. That doesn't mean they sacrifice on flavor, though! These air fryer chicken tenders have a crispy golden crust and a juicy interior.
- It's easy. Recipes truly don't get much easier than this one. With prep time of about a minute, you can have your protein cooking for dinner in no time. This recipe works great for meal prepping as well!
- It's versatile. Depending on the spices you use, the final product can be used anywhere you enjoy chicken, such as wraps, salads, or as a snack.
- chicken tenderloins
- lemon juice
- soy sauce
- olive oil
- spice blend of choice
How to make naked chicken tenders in the air fryer
In a prep bowl, combine raw chicken tenders, olive oil, soy sauce, minced garlic, lemon juice, paprika, salt, and spice blend. Mix together with your hands to ensure chicken is evenly coated.
Place into the air fryer basket and set temp to 390 degrees F. Cook chicken tenders for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Allow to cool for a few minutes and enjoy.
- This recipe is for cooking raw chicken, if using frozen chicken tenderloins, add 2-3 minutes to the overall cook time.
- It is not necessary to preheat air fryer first, but if you do, the overall cook time will be a few minutes less.
- You can use this same recipe for regular chicken breast. Cut into strips to mimic chicken tenderloins OR thin cut chicken breasts (slice in half widthwise).
- Coat chicken tenders in breading, like panko bread crumbs, for crunchier chicken tenders. I like to coat them in the spice blend I am using first, then coat with crumbs, then give them a spray of oil for ensure crispness.
Use different spices
You can really change up the flavor here depending on the spice blend you use. You can use something as simple as garlic or onion powder, or go with blends like italian seasoning, cajun seasoning, or taco seasoning.
I like using this southwest seasoning from my copycat Red Robin Ensenada Chicken Platter to coat the chicken tenders!
Different spices mean you can make this recipe again and again and have a different flavor every time!
How to serve air fryer chicken tenderloins
- Dip them in ranch (Like this Homemade Buttermilk Ranch or Copycat Wingstop Ranch)
- Cut up and use in lemon tarragon chicken salad
- Add then to a Pesto Chicken Wrap
- Shred chicken for Gyros Salad or on a Greek Flatbread
Can you put raw chicken in the air fryer
But you can certainly use air fryers for raw foods like chicken, steak, turkey, pork, etc. I love making lobster tails in the air fryer! Air fryers cook foods evenly and quickly.
Store any leftover chicken tenders in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. Enjoy cold or reheat in the microwave or air fryer.
Air Fryer Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloins
- ½ lemon juiced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tbsp. spice blend of choice
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- In a prep bowl, combine raw chicken tenders, olive oil, soy sauce, minced garlic, lemon juice, paprika, salt, and spice blend. Mix together with your hands to ensure chicken is evenly coated.
- Place into the air fryer basket and set temp to 390 degrees F. Cook chicken tenders for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and enjoy.