This Copycat Wingstop ranch recipe is creamy, tangy, and the perfect dip for chicken wings, veggies, and more. It has only three simple ingredients, and is the exact recipe Wingstop uses!
If you have never had Wingstop ranch dressing, you may be wondering, is it really that good? And the answer is a resounding YES!
Michael and I have been known to go out to Wingstop specifically to pick up a container of their ranch and that's it. We have even gotten Buffalo Wild Wings take out and then stopped at Wingstop for their ranch. Are we a little crazy? Maybe. Or maybe, the ranch is just that good.
Regardless, I knew I needed to figure out how to make a copycat recipe of this dipping sauce at home. And I am pleased to say I nailed it. After a bit of research through Reddit and Tik Tok I came across a few current and former Wingstop employees sharing the recipe for other people to enjoy.
Making this ranch at home is incredibly simple and only requires 3 (yes 3) ingredients. I don't know why but I thought it was going to be more complicated, or requiring some special, secret ingredient! Alas, you can make ranch just like Wingstop right in your own kitchen!
I have another recipe for delicious buttermilk ranch on my site, in case you're interested. Use this recipe if you are looking for a homemade buttermilk ranch without using a ranch packet. It is totally delicious and creamy and uses spices in your spice cabinet!
Wingstop ranch ingredients
- Mayonnaise (Tik Tok and Reddit say that Wingstop uses Hellmann's brand. So if you want the recipe to be EXACT, I would use that brand as well. Mayonnaise varies in taste from brand to brand)
- Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Packets
How to make wingstop ranch copycat
Add buttermilk, mayo, and ranch packets (see tip below) to a medium sized bowl. Using a whisk, stir together until well combined.
Adjust as needed to make thicker or thinner based on your preferences. From my experience, Wingstop Ranch is a medium to thin consistency.
- I like to start with one and a half ranch packets and then add more if necessary. Sometimes two full packets can get a little much.
- Thin this out with a bit of buttermilk or whole milk. Thicken it with more mayo.
- If you don't like mayo, try sour cream or greek yogurt.
- If you don't have buttermilk, add a splash of white vinegar to regular milk for a similar taste. You can also use heavy cream in place of the buttermilk for a richer taste.
What to serve with ranch
Ranch goes awesome on loads of things and it is certainly more than just a salad dressing. Try it with any of the following.
- Chicken wings (bone in or boneless)
- veggie sticks
- on wraps
- on salad (Try it on my favorite Cobb Salad)
Store homemade ranch in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. I like to use a clean small glass jar with a tight lid for easy pouring.
Copycat Wingstop Ranch Recipe
This Easy Copycat Wingstop Ranch Recipe has only 3 ingredients and tastes just like the original so you can enjoy at home!
- 1 ½ cups Buttermilk
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Packets
- Add buttermilk, mayo, and ranch packets to a medium sized bowl. Using a whisk, stir together until well combined.
- Adjust as needed to make thicker or thinner based on your preferences. From my experience, Wingstop Ranch is a medium to thin consistency.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 300mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Leave a Reply