If you're like me, having a lunch that you can look forward to at work can really brighten your day! We eat a lot of leftovers in our house, and love them, but there are those times when there are no leftovers left and all I think to bring is a granola bar or an apple. Those days are no fun at all.
With a little forward thinking this wrap can be made the night before with ease and be fresh and delicious the next day.
Using a Southwest Chopped Salad mix made creating this wrap a cinch! It contains shredded lettuce, cilantro, and shredded carrots. There is also pumpkin seeds and tortilla strips for an added crunch! I used about a third of the bag for one wrap. I will let you in on a secret. After creating this recipe, Michael and I ate it. And then I immediately turned the oven back on to make him another to bring in his lunch to work the next day! He liked it that much.
I used crispy chicken here, but you could supplement with pretty much any protein of your choosing.
Southwest Crispy Chicken Wrap
- 1 extra large flour tortilla
- 1 portion breaded chicken tenders or nuggets
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoon ranch
- 1 tablespoon shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup Josie's Southwest Chopped Salad Mix
- 1 tablespoon salsa optional
- Prepare chicken according to package instructions.
- Warm the tortilla on the stovetop (I place it right on the grates). This helps make it more pliable.
- Add all of the ingredients to the large wrap once chicken is cooked, except for the salsa.
- Wrap up tortilla.
- Cut tortilla in half and serve with side of salsa.
Looks delicious. Where do you buy the Southwest Chopped Salad?
We get it at Fresh Thyme, but Woodman's sells a lot of their products as well.
Melissa Szymczak says
I’ll check my local stores too. The ingredients look very fresh. How have I not thought of making a wrap with a crunchy salad mix? Thanks for passing along! Sounds like a good lunch idea for my high schooler too!
I'm glad you like the idea! This is a great idea for quick lunches for kids in school! I'm sure they'll love it
Love the idea of using a salad mix in a wrap!!!!!