A simple, easy to follow recipe for making salmon in the Ninja Foodi. This air fryer salmon recipe takes just 10 minutes to prepare, and results in flakey, moist salmon every time.
The Ninja Foodi Deluxe is truly one of my favorite kitchen gadgets. I was a little late to the air fryer train, but this device is such a time saver that I am so glad I was converted! I use it daily, and even with my limited counter space, it remains out all the time- it is just so useful!
Making this Ninja Foodi salmon recipe couldn't be easier. All you need is fresh salmon filets, olive oil, and some seasonings. The result is perfectly cooked and juicy salmon!
You can buy salmon with or without the skin, as well as fresh or frozen.
I love getting wild caught salmon when possible because of the flavor and nutritional quality. Wild caught salmon is lower in toxins than farmed salmon. It is also high in B12, vitamin D, selenium, and omega-3 fatty acids. The color of wild caught salmon is a rich and vibrant orange from its diet of shellfish.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Simple: Pre-portioned salmon coated in a quick spice blend and you're good to go. No chopping necessary!
- Quick-cooking: Less than ten minutes to cook up this clean source of protein, no preheating required.
- Healthy: Salmon is incredibly good for you, especially when it's wild caught.
- Versatile: Feel free to change up the spices, or simply season with salt and pepper.
- Low carb: Salmon is very high in protein and this dish has little to no carbs in it.
Ingredients for air fryer salmon
- Salmon filets: Either filets or tailside, just use pieces that are uniform in size to each other so that they cook at a similar rate. You can buy skin on or skin off salmon, both work for this recipe.
- Oil: Oil helps to keep the fish moist as well as gives the spice blend something to stick to.
- Paprika: Paprika adds a beautiful color and flavor without heat.
- Garlic powder: Garlic and onion powder are classic additions to any spice blend and are incredibly versatile.
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
How to make salmon in the Ninja Food Deluxe
In a small bowl, combine spices.
Coat salmon fillets in oil and then with clean hands gently press the spice mixture into the salmon filets.
Place skin side down into the air fryer basket.
Set air fryer to 390 degrees for 10 minutes of cook time.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes and enjoy with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Rest before serving: Allow the cooked salmon to rest for a few minutes after removing it from the air fryer. This helps the juices redistribute, resulting in a more flavorful and tender fish.
- Use the right temperature: Set the air fryer to a temperature of around 390 F. This temperature allows for a crispy exterior while keeping the interior moist.
- Adjust cooking time: Cooking time can vary depending on the thickness of the salmon fillet. Thicker fillets may require a slightly longer cooking time and vice versa.
Yes! Cooking salmon in an air fryer is convenient and quick, that results in crispy exteriors and tender, flaky insides.
Yes, totally. Opt for fish fillets or whole fish that have a similar thickness or size to ensure even cooking. More popular fish options for air frying include tilapia, cod, halibut, trout, snapper, and mahi mahi. Depending on your air fryer model and fish size, the cook time should be between 8-12 minutes.
This is optional and up to personal preference. Some people swear by preheating their air fryer. Others, like myself, completely skip that step. It can help ensure even cooking so if you have the time, go ahead and preheat for 3-4 minutes if you would like.
Salmon is generally considered safe to eat when it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
more ninja foodi air fryer recipes
Ninja Foodi Salmon (Air Fryer)
- 2 salmon fillets 5 oz. each
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- In a small bowl, combine spices.
- Coat salmon fillets in oil and then with clean hands gently press the spice mixture into the salmon fillets.
- Place skin side down into the air fryer basket.
- Set air fryer to 390 degrees for 10 minutes of cook time.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and enjoy with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.