Just in time for Thanksgiving, this spicy cauliflower Mac and cheese will satisfy veggie and carb lovers alike!
Turkey, stuffing, gravy. All classics right? Thanksgiving tables vary from family to family which is part of the fun!
Michael reminded me after I made this dish that Mac and cheese is often served at Thanksgiving and I thought how perfect! It’s so good, it may need to be added to our holiday rotation every year!
So what’s in it? I did a mixture of half noodles and half cauliflower (used up a whole head of Josie’s Organic cauliflower!). You could certainly do all one or the other but I LOVED the way this turned out. And the easiest part? I was able to cook the pasta and cauliflower in the same pot of boiling water for the same amount of time. Talk about easy.
The kicker? The jalapeno cheese sauce. Just the right amount of spice and all of the creamy cheesy goodness.
Want to bake it?
Top with an extra cup of shredded cheese and bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
I’m very glad to be bringing you this post featuring Josie’s Organics Products. I was compensated for my time, but all opinions are 100% my own.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium jalepeno, diced
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 head of Josie's Organic cauliflower, broken into bite size pieces
- 1/2 lb. large macaroni noodles
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta and cauliflower until pasta is al dente and cauliflower is firm but cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
- While that is cooking, start your cheese sauce.
- To a large skillet, add butter, onion, and jalapeno. Cook on medium high for 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Turn heat down to medium and whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in milk and heavy cream until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Slowly add cheese and stir until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta and cauliflower extremely well and add to cheese sauce. Stir to coat.