Ground chicken is one of my favorite proteins to use because it’s just so darn versatile. It can pretty much go with whatever cuisine you want it to and it cooks up quick.
Here I decided to form meatballs and paired it with Mediterranean flavors. I was able to hide a whole cup of fresh chopped spinach inside, and that only served to make the dish more beautiful!
There’s also lots of herbs packed in there, so these are bursting with flavor. I love all kinds of herbs so I included a bunch. Feel free to change things up based on your preferences. If dill and mint are too strong for you, basil and parsley would be lovely on their own.
Baking these meatballs makes them just that much easier. There’s no frying or batches-- everything fits on one tray. And because these meatballs are sizeable, you only have to roll ten! They are a cinch to make, definitely easy enough for a weeknight meal. You can bake them on a sheet or try this meatballs baked in an egg carton hack.
For another tasty meatball recipe, try Swedish Meatballs.
Serve these with rice, in a fresh pita, or by themselves-- they are bound to be a hit.
Greek Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 3 tbsp. assorted fresh herbs sugg. dill, parsley, basil, mint
- 1 cup fresh spinach packed, and roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- zest of half a lemon
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add ground chicken, chopped herbs, spinach, garlic, lemon zest, egg, bread crumbs, and salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix well.
- Form into 2-inch meatballs and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through.
[…] Organics so much. Their baby spinach is the BEST. Looking for more spinach recipes? Why not try Greek Chicken Meatballs, or this Garlic Butter Sauteed Spinach, or maybe this Homemade Spinach […]