Think of this as souped-up (ha!) chicken noodle soup. It’s got a lot of the same ingredients as the classic everyone knows and loves, but with some extra inflammation-fighting, gut-friendly, ingredients!
Turmeric, garlic, and bone broth are all super-charged foods- and they make great additions.
Make this low-carb by omitting or lowering the couscous. It will still be delicious!
Nourishing Bone Broth Chicken Soup
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or cubed
- ½ cup couscous
- 8 cups bone broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- ¼ cup fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a large soup pot, heat oil on medium heat.
- Add in diced onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in couscous, chicken, thyme, rosemary, turmeric, and salt.
- Pour 8 cups of chicken broth over the top and stir.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, or until the couscous is plumped up and tender.
- Add in frozen peas and fresh parsley. Cook for 2 more minutes, and serve.