Chunks of cauliflower, spicy curry paste. and creamy coconut milk, this soup has it all! This soup is golden! (both in color and in taste :))
Side note: I love how easy cauliflower is to chop up. All you have to do is cut around the base of the cauliflower and once it's no longer attached to the stem it crumbles into florets.
Second side note: This soup could easy be made vegan by using veggie stock instead of chicken stock!
Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 tsp. fresh ginger grated
- 3 tbsp. red curry paste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a large soup pot, combine garlic and onions and saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add in cauliflower, fresh ginger, and curry paste and stir to coat all the vegetables with the curry paste.
- Pour in chicken stock and simmer for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
- If desired, mash the cauliflower with a potato masher to achieve desired consistency.
- Stir in coconut milk and salt. Take off the heat and serve.