Hearty kale and meaty mushrooms-- this soup is all the warmth you'll need this fall. Just don't forget the red pepper flakes for added heat!
Nothing beats a warm bowl of soup on a cold and blustery day! We all have heard of Zuppa Toscana and have our family recipes for chicken noodle soup, so I thought today I would share something a little different. This recipe for Autumn Kale and Mushroom Soup fits the bill!
While filling enough to warm you right up, this soup is actually super healthy. There is nothing in it but clean ingredients, it is gluten and dairy free, and it can easily be made vegan by supplementing vegetable stock in for the chicken stock.
I love making soups like this because you can use the veggies you have on hand. I always have white beans in my cabinet, because they add protein. If you wanted to make this soup even more hearty, try adding in chunks of ham or italian sausage. Aside from the base of mirepoix, the other veggies I used are Josie's Organics Kale and cremini mushrooms. I know not everybody is a mushroom fan, but I can't get enough of them. They add such a great depth of flavor to any recipe. I even add them to my eggs (but that's a recipe for another day)!
I’m very glad to be bringing you this post featuring Josie’s Organics Products. I was compensated for my time, but all opinions are 100% my own.
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 8 oz. package cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups kale, rough chopped
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Begin by heating up carrots, onion, and celery in a pot.
- After a few minutes, add the garlic.
- Add the mushrooms and kale to the pot, and mix until the ingredients cook down, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, stock, and salt to pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add pepper flakes for desired heat and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 1035mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 6gSugar: 8gProtein: 16g