It may be May tomorrow, but it's cold and rainy all week here in Chicagoland. What better way to warm up, than with a hearty bowl of soup!
Chicken and Gnocchi is a favorite of a lot of people, and for good reason. This soup is creamy and rich, with wonderful vegetables and pillowy soft gnocchi.
I have made this with both homemade and store bought gnocchi, and both have been wonderful! Using store bought is so simple, and there are some great brands out there, that have created a stellar product. If you do feel like making your own gnocchi, check out my recipe here. https://seasonandthyme.com/homemade-potato-gnocchi/
Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
A copycat version of the Olive Garden classic, Chicken and Gnocchi soup is creamy with tender chicken and pillowy soft gnocchi.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ cups cooked chicken diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ tsp. thyme
- 1 16. oz package of gnocchi 2 cups
- 1 ½ cups fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 2 cups whole milk or half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil. Add onions, garlic, celery, and carrots and saute for 3-4 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in cooked chicken, chicken stock, thyme, and gnocchi. Simmer for 12-15 minutes. Add milk and gently simmer for another 3-4 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Calories: 305kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 24gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 452mgPotassium: 725mgFiber: 1gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 3989IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 193mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
[…] are some of my favorite Olive Garden copycat recipes: Try Chicken and Gnocchi Soup, or one of my favorites Chicken Veronese. You might also like Homemade Mushroom Ravioli with […]