Spicy Italian sausage, tender baby spinach, and fluffy tortellini come together for one delicious bowl of goodness. Spinach and Tortellini soup is going to become your go to winter staple.
Another day, another cozy bowl of soup.
At this rate, I should think about changing my blog name to Soup Thyme. I'm kidding-- but only slightly!
This soup Michael has deemed "Pizza Soup." I'm not sure on the name-- but it does have all of the flavors there. Italian sausage, cheese, tomatoes, all in a garlicky sauce.
I say this about most soups, but this Spinach and Tortellini soup is one that is truly so easy to prepare. The only chopping you have to do is the garlic and onions, and it's completely a one pot wonder! The tortellini are fresh and cook in just minutes. Spinach is fresh and tender, and can be added right at the end to maintain its color and texture.
What ingredients do you need?
- olive oil
- hot or mild italian sausage
- package fresh tortellini
- chicken stock
- diced tomatoes
- fresh spinach
- heavy cream
Looking for other soup inspiration? Try these!
Spicy Italian sausage, tender baby spinach, and fluffy tortellini come together for one delicious bowl of goodness.
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. package hot or mild italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 10 oz. package fresh tortellini
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 5 oz. package fresh spinach
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp. salt
- In a large soup pot, heat 1 tbs. olive oil on medium high heat. Add in sausage and brown it, breaking it up into pieces as you go, about 5 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until the onions become translucent.
- To the pot add stock and tomatoes and cook until the stock begins to boil.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for 3-5 more minutes, until the tortellini are just cooked and the spinach has wilted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 611Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 1288mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 27g
This recipe was shared on Meal Plan Monday.