This quiche is a staple that my mom makes and one of my favorite ways to eat eggs. I didn’t really like eggs growing up, and still to this day I am particular about how they are prepared. But something happens to these eggs between lightly whipping and slow baking them. The eggs become tender and delicate, light and fluffy with a richness to them as well.
I choose to add my protein and veggies right into the dish. By adding in ham and cheese for protein and broccoli and green onion for color and flavor, this quiche becomes a full meal! I used broccoli florets here, but made sure to chop them up pretty fine. I think this dish works best when all the add-ins are the same size (small). This way, they are all cooked through. This also makes every bite have a little of everything!
This quiche is the perfect all in one dish. I love making it at the beginning of the week and then heating up a slice every morning for breakfast (if it lasts that long). I think this would also be a great brunch dish, and would pair really well with a salad topped with a light vinaigrette.
Ham and Broccoli Quiche
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1 cup finely shredded swiss cheese 4 oz.
- ½ cup Broccoli Florets finely chopped
- 2-3 green onions chopped
- ½ cup ham small dice
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Sprinkle Swiss cheese, finely chopped broccoli, green onions, and ham over bottom of the pie crust. Place pie crust on a baking sheet to protect against any spills.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until it resembles a light butter color.
- Pour into the pie crust. Place baking sheet with the quiche on top into the oven uncovered and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 and bake another 30-35 minutes, until the eggs are just firm.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice and serve!