A light and fluffy Ham and Broccoli Quiche recipe, full of chopped veggies, eggs, and cheese baked in a store bought frozen pie crust so it takes only minutes to put together. Bake in the oven and enjoy a tasty brunch dish at home!
This broccoli ham and cheese quiche is a staple in our house and one of my favorite ways to eat eggs. I didn’t really like eggs growing up, but whenever my mom would make this quiche, I would gobble it right up. Something happens to these eggs between lightly whipping and slow baking them. The eggs become tender and delicate, light and fluffy with a richness to them as well.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Make ahead: This would make a great brunch dish for company, and can be made completely ahead of time without slicing. To reheat, place in a 375 degree preheated oven until warmed through.
- Awesome leftovers: This broccoli and ham quiche reheats beautifully. I love making it at the beginning of the week and then heating up a slice every morning for breakfast (if it lasts that long).
- Beginner-friendly: Quiches look and sound fancy, but they are actually quite easy to prepare, making them great for beginners.
- Well-rounded breakfast dish: By adding in ham and cheese for protein and broccoli and green onion for color and flavor, this quiche becomes a full meal! It should help keep you full and satisfied for hours.
- It's a fantastic was to use up leftover ham!
- frozen pie crust
- finely shredded swiss cheese
- Broccoli Florets
- green onions
- freshly ground black pepper
How to make a ham and broccoli quiche
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
Sprinkle swiss cheese, finely chopped broccoli, green onions, and ham over bottom of the pie shell. Place on a baking sheet to protect against any spills.
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until it resembles a light butter color.
Pour egg mixture into the pie crust. Place baking sheet with the quiche on top into the oven uncovered and bake for 15 minutes.
Reduce heat to 325 and bake another 30-35 minutes, until the eggs are just firm.
Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice and serve!
- I used broccoli florets here, but made sure to chop them up pretty fine. I think this dish works best when all the add-ins are the same size (small). This way, they are all cooked through. This also makes every bite have a little of everything!
- The bottom of the crust may take a little longer to get firm, and may not get completely browned by the time the eggs are cooked through. You can either blind bake the crust, which just means baking it without anything in it, for about 10 minutes before adding the additional ingredients, or cover the top of the whole quiche with aluminum foil to prevent over browning. Or bake as directed and enjoy a soft bottom crust.
- This easy quiche recipe uses a frozen premade pie crust, but you can also use a pie crust from the refrigerator section of your grocery store (they are normally by the crescent rolls and other refrigerator biscuits). You can also make a homemade crust and press into a pie tin yourself.
- You can also make this dish gluten free and low carb by omitting the pie crust entirely. Simply pour egg mixture into a pie dish or other deep dish bakeware and bake your crustless quiche.
- Switch up your veggies. Instead of broccoli, use chopped spinach or chopped asparagus.
- Instead of swiss, try shredded cheddar cheese or shredded gruyere.
- Use heavy cream instead of milk for an even richer taste.
Your quiche is done when it is firm to the touch. Carefully remove from oven and press down gently in the middle of the quiche. If it feels springy yet firm, it is done.
Yes, frozen broccoli totally works in the recipe, just make sure to chop it finely, just as you would fresh.
I never saute the veggies when making this quiche, but my mom does. They cook through just fine without sauteing them first. However, if you prefer very soft vegetables, saute them for 5 minutes in a tablespoon of butter before adding them to the pie crust.
More egg recipes to try
Ham and Broccoli Quiche with Frozen Pie Crust
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1 cup finely shredded swiss cheese 4 oz.
- ½ cup Broccoli Florets finely chopped
- 2-3 green onions chopped
- ½ cup ham small dice
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Sprinkle Swiss cheese, finely chopped broccoli, green onions, and ham over bottom of the pie crust. Place pie crust on a baking sheet to protect against any spills.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until it resembles a light butter color.
- Pour into the pie crust. Place baking sheet with the quiche on top into the oven uncovered and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 and bake another 30-35 minutes, until the eggs are just firm.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice and serve!
quiche is always a must for leftover ham from the holidays!