This recipe is perfect for making for the family on Mother's Day, or anytime you have company over. Though simple, the feta, arugula, and mushrooms make for a light and fluffy treat that everyone is sure to enjoy. In our home, I'll even make this for the two of us and we can reheat pieces for an easy breakfast throughout the week.
I suggest having everything prepped and ready to go before you start cooking. All of these ingredients cook up very fast, and there's nothing worse than overcooked eggs.
Mushroom, Arugula, and Goat Cheese Frittata
- 12 eggs
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cremini sliced
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 cups fresh arugula lightly packed
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack 12 eggs. Add in milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk vigorously.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat butter on stove top until it's melted.
- Add sliced mushrooms and shallots. Saute for 2-3 minutes, and add in arugula and cook until wilted (about 1 minute).
- Pour eggs over top. Crumble goat cheese across top and cook on stove top until it just starts to set.
- Place in oven, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove and let sit for 5 minutes to firm up.