Hard boiled eggs are a great source of protein that can be enjoyed on their own or in a variety of dishes. Ninja Foodi Hard boiled eggs take the guesswork out of timing and result in perfectly cooked and easy to peel eggs using the 5-5-5 method.
It isn't difficult to boil eggs on the stovetop, but this hard boiled eggs Ninja Foodi method completely takes the guesswork away and the result is perfect! Plus, the ease of peeling is enough to make this the best way to hard boil eggs!
After you try this, you may enjoy these Air Fryer Egg Bites in the Ninja Foodi!
First things, first. You may be wondering, "What's the 5-5-5 method?"
What is the 5-5-5 method for cooking eggs?
This method to cook hard boiled eggs in the pressure cooker (both Instant Pot and Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker brand work), that involves 5 minutes of cook time, 5 minutes of natural release time, and 5 minutes in an ice bath.
Basically, you place however many eggs you want in the pressure cooker on the trivet or air fryer basket to lift them up a bit. Pour water over the top (just about a cup is needed, to help the device pressurize). Then you set the machine to cook for 5 minutes at High Pressure.
After the cooking time is up, allow to natural release for 5 minutes (this just means do nothing).
Once that time has passed, quick release the rest of the way by toggling the pressure nozzle from sealing to venting. Make sure you are careful, a lot of steam will release.
Immediately place hot eggs into an ice bath and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
That's it! Peel right away for best results or store in the refrigerator for later use.
What about the 4-4-4 method?
Some people swear by the 4-4-4 method instead, which is the same as above, just with a minute less per step.
I find that if you are using large or jumbo eggs, 5-5-5 works best.
Medium eggs do better on the 4-4-4.
Try it out for yourself and see which you prefer!
What you'll need
- Eggs. Large eggs or jumbo eggs- both cook perfectly in the pressure cooker. You can do as little as 1, or up to a dozen eggs. You can also purchase a special insert that doubles your space to fit even more eggs, that can be found here.
- Water. Just enough to pressurize the device.
- Pressure Cooker. I love making hard boiled eggs in the Ninja Foodi 12-in-1 Deluxe 8 qt. because it's always sitting on my counter (I use it as an air fryer often!). But the Instant Pot brand pressure cooker works too.
How to make hard boiled eggs on the Ninja Foodi
Place eggs into the Ninja Foodi on rack of choice (trivet, air fryer basket, metal steamer basket).
Pour 1 cup of water over top. Attach the pressure cooking lid and make sure it is secure. Place valve on top to the sealing position.
Set device to High Pressure for 5 minutes. It will take a few minutes to come up to pressure.
Once the cook time is up, allow 5 minutes to natural release. It can be helpful to set a separate timer.
While this is happening, make an ice bath for your eggs.
Quick release the remaining pressure and remove lid.
Place eggs into the ice bath and let cool for 5 minutes. Once those 5 minutes are up, the eggs are ready to be enjoyed however you please.
Recipe Tip for peeling eggs
The quicker you peel after cooking, the easier time you will have. The ice water bath helps to cool the eggs quickly so that they are easy to handle (they are hot hot hot when they first come out!). Right after the time in the ice bath is ideal to peel and avoid frustration of hard boiled eggs that refuse to detach from their shell.
How many eggs can I pressure cook at once?
Basically, as many as you can fit. You want to give them enough room for circulation, but you can do as little as 1 and up to around 18 at a time, if you have a stacking insert.
Ways to use hard boiled eggs
Now that you have perfectly cooked, easy peel hard boiled eggs, time to use them!
You can enjoy them as is or with a bit of salt, or include them in salads, soups, and other recipes. Here are some great options.
More Ninja Foodi recipes
- Ninja Foodi whole chicken
- Ninja Foodi plain yogurt
- easy Ninja Foodi mashed potatoes
- Ninja Foodi spaghetti squash
- Ninja Foodi frozen burgers
Ninja Foodi Hard Boiled Eggs are an easy way of cooking eggs in the pressure cooker using the 5-5-5 method.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup water
- Place eggs into the Ninja Foodi on rack of choice (trivet, air fryer basket, metal steamer basket).
- Pour 1 cup of water over top. Attach the pressure cooking lid and make sure it is secure. Place valve on top to the sealing position.
- Set device to High Pressure for 5 minutes. It will take a few minutes to come up to pressure.
- Once the cook time is up, allow 5 minutes to natural release. It can be helpful to set a separate timer.
- While this is happening, make an ice bath for your eggs.
- Quick release the remaining pressure and remove lid.
- Place eggs into the ice bath and let cool for 5 minutes. Once those 5 minutes are up, the eggs are ready to be enjoyed however you please.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g