This baked scrambled eggs with cheese and broccoli recipe is a great way to make eggs for a crowd. Cheesy and full of tender broccoli, these oven scrambled eggs are a crowd pleaser. Not only is it an easy way to make a lot of eggs at once, you don't have to stand by the stove and can work on other tasks while breakfast is going!
This recipe was born out of two things-- wanting to create a make ahead healthy breakfast for my husband to grab throughout the week AND wanting to use things up in the fridge. These baked scrambled eggs do both. A win-win!
Michael's working really long hours right now, and I want to make sure that he is still getting a protein-packed breakfast that will keep him energized until lunch. These oven baked scrambled eggs are the way to do it. I can scramble a dozen eggs at once, bake them all together, and then sliced into portions. I then keep the slices all together in an airtight container so it is easy to grab and go!
These eggs are made using similar steps as this mushroom and goat cheese frittata recipe, except for the entire thing is baked in the oven-- no frying first. This still differs from a ham and broccoli quiche, in that that there is no crust.
Why you'll love this egg recipe:
- Easy. Crack some eggs. Whisk them with a bit of milk and salt and pepper, and then pour over your toppings in a casserole dish. Bake and enjoy!
- Full of nutrition. Not only are eggs are nutritional powerhouse, any veggies are great additions too. Milk and cheese add protein for a filling breakfast.
- Adaptable. Broccoli and cheese are just a suggestion, use whatever your favorite egg add-ins are. I give some suggestions below.
- Make ahead. Meal prepping breakfast is a great thing for people who don't have a lot of time in the morning or simply want to ensure they have something tasty to eat when they wake up!
Ingredients for scrambled eggs in the oven
- shredded monterey jack
How to make baked scrambled eggs
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, crack one dozen eggs. Add in milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk vigorously until combined. The color should resemble a light butter yellow.
In a skillet over medium heat, add butter and allow to melt.
To melted butter add broccoli and onions. Cook for 5 minutes until the onions are translucent and the color of the broccoli turns a bright green. They will be about halfway cooked.
Pour veggie mixture into a baking dish. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese on top. Pour egg mixture over top, and then sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
Bake scrambled eggs in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until they are set.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes, slice, and serve.
Cooking the broccoli on the stove top first makes sure that it isn't too crunchy or stiff in the finished egg dish. This extra step makes a big difference in taste and texture!
Looking for soft scrambled eggs in the oven?
This recipe creates a stiffer baked egg dish. If you are looking for softer, runnier eggs that more closely resemble scrambled eggs on the stove, follow these instructions:
Fifteen minutes into baking, use a spatula to move the eggs around (they will have begun to set). Place back in the oven and cook an additional 10 minutes, or until eggs are fully cooked through.
With this method, the eggs will end up more separated like classic stove top scrambled eggs.
What to add to scrambled eggs
Broccoli and cheese is one of my favorite flavor combos-- but it is just a suggestion! There are countless other ingredients you could add to flavor your eggs. Here are some extra ideas.
- Ham and Swiss
- Jalapeno and Cheddar
- Mushroom and Swiss
- Red Bell Pepper, Onions, and Spinach and Pepper Jack
- Spinach and Mozzarella
- Bacon and Cheddar
What to serve with scrambled eggs
- hash browns (try these hashbrowns in the air fryer!)
- cut up fruit
- roasted or fried potatoes
This is a great make ahead egg dish. Not only does it work well as brunch or breakfast for a crowd, it is also a great meal prep dish.
I like to make a casserole dish full of scrambled eggs on Sunday and then allow it to cool.
I slice it up (generally in 6 slices) and store it in an airtight container to eat from throughout the week. The eggs will stay fresh about 4 days and can be reheated in the microwave or enjoyed cold.
more egg recipes
Baked Scrambled Eggs with Cheese and Broccoli
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 cups broccoli chopped small
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack one dozen eggs. Add in milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk vigorously until combined. The color should resemble a light butter yellow.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add butter and allow to melt.
- To melted butter add broccoli and onions. Cook for 5 minutes until the onions are translucent and the color of the broccoli turns a bright green. They will be about halfway cooked.
- Pour veggie mixture into a baking dish. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese on top. Pour egg mixture over top, and then sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- Bake scrambled eggs in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until they are set.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, slice, and serve.