Having a meal without meat is a great way to expand your recipe repertoire, while also being a good steward of the environment we live in. Want a meal that is both satisfying and meat free, and only takes 15 minutes to put together? Look no further!
This 15 minute Veggie Curry with Vermicelli Noodles is so simple to put together. There is very little prep work, but the broth is full-bodied and bold. I add an entire jalapeno pepper, sliced into rings. It adds a great heat to the broth, but they are big enough to eat around, for those who are not fans of spicy foods.
There are certain flavors that I can’t get enough of-- curry is one of them for me. I love using red curry paste, it’s so full of richness, but the heat is never overpowering.
Feel free to use vegetable stock, an easy swap to make this vegan!
15 minute Veggie Curry with Vermicelli Rice Noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 cups cremini sliced
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen peas sliced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 15 oz. can coconut milk
- vermicilli rice noodles
- 2 tablespoon red curry paste
- In a medium-sized pot, heat olive oil. Add in sliced onions, mushrooms, jalapenos, garlic, and salt.
- Saute on medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until the onions begin to become translucent. Add in peas and curry paste, stir until all of the veggies are coated.
- Pour chicken stock and can of coconut milk on top, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add in rice noodles and let them cook until softened, about 5 minutes.