Time to ring in the new year with something fresh and healthy! Nothing screams fresh more to me than green, and this Goat Cheese and Arugula Pasta has lots of it. Tender baby arugula leaves and crispy spring peas pair perfectly with a burst of fresh lemon juice and zest.
Looking for more pasta inspiration?
- Gigi Hadid Pasta (Spicy Vodka Sauce Pasta)
- Olive Garden Steak Gorgonzola
- Lemon and Arugula with Capellini Pasta
- Chicken Spinach Alfredo Pasta with Bacon
Can this be made vegetarian?
Of course! Simply leave out the bacon and this becomes a vegetarian dish. If you choose to do so, you may want to add a bit of salt to make all of the flavors pop. I don't add it originally because the bacon is salty enough.
What other vegetables would pair well?
I think asparagus cut up into bite-sized pieces would be wonderful! I added baby arugula because I love how light and airy it is.
Any tender veggies would work-- think baby spinach, asparagus, green beans.
This pasta can be served hot or cold!
Tender baby arugula leaves and crispy spring peas pair perfectly with a burst of fresh lemon juice and zest, all on a bed of angel hair pasta.
- ½ lb angel hair pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups baby arugula, packed
- 5 oz goat cheese
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, and reserve ½ cup of pasta water to use later.
- Cook bacon until crispy and crumble.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix together goat cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour goat cheese mixture over pasta and stir to coat. Add reserved pasta water as needed to make sure everything is well combined.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 381mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 16g