Egg Roll in a Bowl features ground pork, fresh ginger, cremini mushrooms, and Asian salad mix to create a delicious low carb bowl.
When I saw this Asian Chopped Salad mix, I knew exactly what I was going to do with it-- Egg Roll in a Bowl!
This meal is so easy to create, the salad mix already has a lot of great flavors with a main base of cabbage. I added ground pork, which is classic in egg rolls. I also added mushrooms, and they really make the dish if you ask me.
While I don't follow any sort of specialized diet, this bowl (I think) could be categorized as low carb, keto, maybe even paleo? All the buzz words.
How do you serve Egg Roll in a Bowl?
I topped it with sriracha, but you could do sweet and sour sauce, soy sauce, teriyaki, or just leave it as is.
Want to make this meal go farther?
Just add rice. Either place this on a bed of rice or mix it in (like in this Cold Thai Noodle Salad) to bump the number of servings up. Want to keep it low carb? Try cauliflower rice!
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 2 Josie's Organics Asian Salad bags
- 2 tsp. grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs. grapeseed oil
- 1 8 oz. package sliced mushrooms shitake or cremini
- 2 tbs. soy sauce or aminos
- 1 tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp. sesame oil
- Begin by heating the grapeseed oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Cook the ground pork in the pan.
- When the pork is finished cooking, add your ginger and garlic to the pan, cook until it is softened after a few minutes. Add in your mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients to the pan, and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- When cabbage has softened, remove from heat and serve.