Making canned biscuits in the air fryer is an easy way to make a few biscuits at time without taking up any oven space. Use your favorite brand of refrigerated biscuits and pop them in air fryer for a perfectly browned outside and a soft inside.
It seems like everything can be air fried, so why not biscuits? They take less than ten minutes to make and free up your oven to be used for other things!
I seriously love my Ninja Foodi Deluxe and basically use it every day. There are so many things it can do from Pressure Cooked Whole Artichokes, to Ninja Foodi Mashed Potatoes, and now, Ninja Foodi Biscuits!
If you are on the hunt for a homemade biscuits recipe, try this Homemade Cheese Biscuits recipe.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It frees up oven space for your main course like casseroles and roasts
- You don't have to turn on the oven to make just a few biscuits, just pop the exact amount you'll need into the air fryer basket and keep the remainder in the fridge for another time
- By air frying them you end up with a golden brown outside and a soft inside
Air Fryer Biscuits Tips and Tricks
Something to make note of when making air fryer canned biscuits to ensure they come out done all the way through is cooking temperature. You are going to want to set your air fryer to a lower temperature than you may be used to, 330 degrees fahrenheit. This helps to ensure the inside is cooked through and not doughy or raw. Too high of a temperature will result in burnt outside and an undone inside!
If the biscuits are golden brown on the outside but you are worried that the insides need more time, simply place them in the air fryer after the cook time is up, and allow the residual heat to cook them through, 2 minutes should be enough.
Your favorite canned biscuits!
That's it! flaky, grands, buttermilk biscuits, whatever style you prefer. Because canned refrigerated biscuits vary in both size and shape, see note in the instructions about timing.
There is no need to spray them or brush them with any oil, they will get browned just fine without any.
How to make canned biscuits in the air fryer
Set air fryer temperature to 330 degrees F.
Place biscuits into the air fryer basket in a single layer, allowing room in between each one so they can expand. Do not over stuff! They need room for air to circulate. Every air fryer model is different, but mine fit 4 biscuits comfortably.
Cook for 7-9 minutes for large biscuits, and 5-6 minutes for small. You may want to check a few minutes early to see if they are done, as air fryers can cook at slightly different speeds.
What to serve with biscuits as a side
- Biscuits and gravy (Try this family favorite biscuits and gravy recipe!)
- Crock Pot Ham and Bean Soup
- Greek Yogurt Tuna Salad (this makes for a delicious sandwich)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chasseur
- Instant Pot BBQ Shredded Pork
- Green Bean Tater Tot Casserole
Store any leftover air fried biscuits in an airtight container or ziploc baggie. They can be kept on the counter or in the fridge.
If you aren't making an entire can of biscuits at one time, you can keep the extras in a airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days without any issues!
Canned Biscuits in the Air Fryer
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits
- Set air fryer temperature to 330 degrees F.
- Place biscuits into the air fryer basket in a single layer, allowing room in between each one so they can expand. Do not over stuff! They need room for air to circulate. Every air fryer model is different, but mine fit 4 biscuits comfortably.
- Cook for 7-9 minutes for large biscuits, and 5-6 minutes for small. You may want to check a few minutes early to see if they are done, as air fryers can cook at slightly different speeds.
I know this sounds like a simple thing to bake, but I'm new to using an air fryer and am never quite sure on the times and temperature for things. These instructions worked great! Thanks!
I'm so glad you found it helpful! That's what I'm here for. Enjoy your air fryer!