Arnold Palmer is one of my favorite drinks during the summer months and I think a lot of people would agree! It’s definitely Michael’s favorite.
It’s refreshing. It’s sweet, but not overly so. It’s easy to make economically.
We often buy the Paul Newman brand at the store, which is delicious. But this time around, I decided I would try to make it at home. We had all the ingredients in our cabinet and fridge, so I thought that I may as well give it a go.
The result was delicious! And definitely not too sweet. If you like things sweeter, feel free to increase the sugar by a half a cup.
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups ice
- Begin by pouring one tea kettle full of boiling water over 4 black tea bags and let steep for 10 minutes. Then dispose of the bags.
- Heat ½ cup of sugar and ½ cup of water until the water dissolves. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Juice enough lemons for 1 cup of juice (and zest one of the lemons)
- Pour steeped tea into pitcher, along with sugar syrup and stir to combine. Then add in lemon juice and zest.
- Add 4 cups of ice and stir. Serve in a tall glass.