Sun tea is a delicious and refreshing drink made from the light of the sun. How cool is that?!
When I am home, I love making this early in the morning and drinking it with lunch and throughout the day.
You can use any type of tea you like. I love how it makes black tea less bitter. I also use it with herbal teas and add fresh fruit when serving!
- ½ gallon cold water
- 4-5 tea bags or ⅓ cup loose leaf
- In a ½ gallon glass pitcher or jar, place tea bags or loose leaf tea. (If using loose leaf, make sure to strain at the end!)
- Fill with filtered water and cap.
- Place outside in the sun, or on a sunny window sill.
- Allow the warmth from the sun to create a delicious, mellow-flavored tea!
- Refrigerate and serve over ice.