This 4 ingredient slow cooker chicken with stuffing is a perfect dump and go weeknight dinner that doesn't sacrifice on flavor. As easy as pouring everything into the crockpot and turning it on, this meal is one your family is going to love.
I seriously love my crockpot and get use out of it all year round, but once fall/winter hits, I sure get my money's worth out of that thing! In fact I have 2 crock pots and both my Instant Pot and Ninja Foodi Deluxe have slow cooker functions as well.
There is just something that helps my momma brain to have dinner already done and cooking away early on in the day. And to know that it is going to be delicious!
This crockpot chicken and dressing takes less than 5 minutes to throw together, and you'll have a wonderful warm dinner waiting for you when it's done.
Some of my other favorite easy crockpot meals are crockpot zucchini and rice and crockpot kielbasa and sausage.
What you'll need
- boneless skinless chicken breasts This recipe also works great with boneless skinless chicken thighs
- box of stuffing mix Almost any flavor will work here. I suggest either turkey stuffing or chicken stuffing.
- can of cream of chicken soup This one is versatile, but you can switch up or use what you have. Cream of mushroom, creamy of celery, even cream of onion soup!
- sour cream. Greek yogurt would work as well.
A note on salt
Please be aware that both box stuffing and most cream soups have high sodium contents. This is why I didn't add any additional salt to this dish. If this is a concern for you, you may want to look for low sodium versions of these ingredients.
How to make 4 ingredient slow cooker chicken with stuffing
Place chicken breasts down into the crockpot bowl.
In a small mixing bowl, combine cream soup and sour cream until fully mixed.
Pour mixture over top of chicken breasts.
Pour on dry stuffing mix, but do not mix together. Close lid.
Set to a cook time of 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
Shred chicken (it will be very tender), stir together, and enjoy!
The stuffing on top will cook from the steam of the slow cooker. If you want, you can also pour ¼ cup chicken broth or water over top of the stuffing before cooking to add a bit more liquid to the dish.
Add veggies for an all in one meal!
I kept this 4 ingredient slow cooker chicken with stuffing recipe super simple, but you can totally add veggies right to the crockpot and cook the whole thing at once. Simply place your favorite fresh or frozen veggies on top of the stuffing mix before closing the lid.
For a quick veggie on the side, try this asparagus recipe.
Some veggies that would pair great:
- broccoli florets
- green beans
If you find yourself with any leftovers, simply store them in the fridge for up to 4 days. This crockpot meal makes great lunches that can be heated up throughout the week.
more easy chicken recipes
- Trader Joe's Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken
- Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Chicken in Lemon Shallot Sauce
4 ingredient slow cooker chicken with stuffing
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 box Stove Top brand stuffing chicken or turkey
- Place chicken breasts down into the crockpot bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream soup and sour cream until fully mixed.
- Pour mixture over top of chicken breasts.
- Pour on dry stuffing mix, but do not mix together. Close lid.
- Set to a cook time of 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
- Shred chicken (it will be very tender), stir together, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply