Chicken in Lemon Shallot Sauce, a delicious weeknight meal featuring thin cut chicken breasts pan fried and served with a zesty, creamy lemon sauce. Serve over couscous or mashed potatoes with sauteed mushrooms and spinach.
I am always finding new ways to serve chicken. It's an easy protein and can handle so many different flavor combinations. It can accompany any type of cuisine which makes it the perfect protein to use when experimenting in the kitchen.
This sauce is equal parts delicate and zesty. It has garlic and lemon for punch, but it also has lightly flavored shallots, cream, and butter. In the words of Ina Garten, "How bad could that be?"
Trust me when I say you are going to love this sauce. It's so good, I could eat it right out of the pan with a spoon. The chicken is merely a vessel by which to get more sauce.
While you could certainly serve this chicken a different way (mashed potatoes, pasta, etc.), I made a "bowl" out of it and served it on a bed of couscous, with sauteed mushrooms and Josie's Organic baby spinach. This created a fully balanced plate with protein, fat, carbs, and veggies. I use sauteed spinach wherever I can, it's such an easy veggie to prepare and tastes amazing. Not to mention the good it does our bodies.
The chicken and sauce are a one pan dinner situation, but because we are adding in the sides, a couple more pans are needed. Don't fret- you can use the same pan for both the spinach and mushrooms. And couscous is as easy as simmering stock, adding in the grain, and putting a lid on it with the heat turned off. All can easily come together while the chicken is finishing in the oven. Bada-bing bada-boom.
- 4-6 thin cut chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium shallot
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- one third cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- prepared couscous
- sauteed mushrooms
- sauteed spinach
- Season both sides of thin cut chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a large, oven safe skillet, heat olive oil on medium high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- While chicken is cooking, preheat to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken from pan, the inside may not be cooked through, it will finish in the oven.
- To the pan, add garlic and shallots. Saute for 3 minutes until shallots become translucent. Add chicken stock and allow to simmer.
- Turn down heat to low and add in butter until it melts. Add in heavy cream and stir to combine. Cook on low for 1 minute.
- Place chicken back in and finish in the oven, about 15-20 minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked through, remove from oven and add parsley.
- Serve over a bed of couscous, with sauteed mushrooms and spinach.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 485Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 175mgSodium: 644mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 54g
I’m very glad to be bringing you this post featuring Josie’s Organics Products. I was compensated for my time, but all opinions are 100% my own.