This Crock Pot Chili Cheese dip uses only 4 ingredients but is full of meaty, cheesy deliciousness. The perfect dump and go slow cooker dip for all of your fall festivities- including game day!
I'm a Crock Pot lover all year round, but when September hits, I go all in on slow cooker dishes. What's not to love? It just makes everything so easy!
You may have heard of and enjoyed a version of this chili dip that is layered and baked. I love that one. It's so delicious. But I decided to switch it up and create a version that can be easily made in the Crock Pot with hardly any work.
The result? A creamy, cheesy dip that is just waiting to be scooped up with tortilla chips or spooned over hot dogs!
Why you'll love this slow cooker chili cheese dip recipe
- It's customizable. You can use homemade chili, canned chili, chili with beans chili without beans, velveeta or shredded cheese, rotel or salsa. You get the point, you have options, and all of them with result in a kickin' queso dip.
- This dip is easy to transport. All you have to do is make it at home and then bring your crock pot to whatever party or event you are attending. And as a bonus, it will stay warm. Just keep the cooker plugged in and on the warm function, making sure to give it a stir every hour or so.
- It's dump and go. Just toss everything in and turn it on. No chopping required.
- cream cheese
- canned diced tomatoes with green chilis (such as Rotel)
- canned chili
- shredded cheddar cheese
How to make Crock Pot chili cheese dip
Add ingredients to crock pot.
Turn on low for 2-3 hours or high for 1-2 hours.
Stir it halfway through to help everything incorporate.
Keep on the warm setting while serving to keep the dip nice and creamy.
Note: Depending on the brands you use, you may or may not have to add salt to your dip. Taste first and adjust accordingly.
These are some fun additions that add a little more flavor and spice.
- can of green chiles
- diced pickled jalapenos
- chili powder
- green onions or diced yellow onion
How to serve
We love this dip with just regular old tortilla chips. Use your favorite, scoops, restaurant style, etc. Just make sure they are nice and sturdy because the dip is thick!
Having a side of green onions to sprinkle on top of each bite is a delicious addition, as well.
Other ways to use up crockpot chili cheese dip
This dip makes a lot! You make find yourself with leftovers. This is a great dip to repurpose and use in meals other than just a chip dip. Here are some ideas.
- over hot dogs with diced onions on top
- over nachos with all the fixins'
- with pasta noodles (top with onions, tomatoes, shredded cheese for a tasty chili mac)
- over baked chicken breasts
Store leftover dip in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Yes! Very easily. Just add ingredients to a large pot and heat over medium-low until everything melts and stir well.
You bet! Just use vegetarian chili!
Crock Pot Chili Cheese Dip is an easy 4-ingredient, dump and go slow cooker dip that is just waiting to be scooped up with tortilla chips.
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilis (such as rotel)
- 2 cans chili (with or without beans)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Add ingredients to crock pot.
- Turn on low for 2-3 hours or high for 1-2 hours.
- Stir it halfway through to help everything incorporate.
- Keep on the warm setting while serving to keep the dip nice and creamy.
- Note: Depending on the brands you use, you may or may not have to add salt to your dip. Taste first and adjust accordingly
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 653mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g