Even though there are only two of us, these don’t last long in our house! We eat them for breakfast, snacks, and dessert.
I purposely don’t add too much sugar to this recipe-- it doesn’t need it! Between the 3 ripe bananas and the chocolate chips, they are plenty sweet enough.
These zucchini muffins are a great way to use up those bananas that are overripe and sitting on your counter. And you don’t even taste the zucchini but it adds a nice green pop of color and extra nutrients.
Make sure to grease your muffin tin well, or use cupcake liners! Even in a nonstick pan, muffins stick.
Zucchini Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 medium zucchini grated
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add bananas and mash with a fork. Add grated zucchini, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ones in stages until combine. Be careful not to over mix. Add chocolate chips and mix until incorporated.
- Transfer batter to lined cupcake tray, filling each cup about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake muffins for 25-30 minutes, or until tops are brown and a toothpick comes out clean.