This quick salad is a cinch to prepare and is a great way to get in your veggies.
I love the pairing of lemon and dill and try to add it to as many dishes as possible.
Orzo is a great, under utilized pasta shape in my opinion. The shape is similar to rice, but it is a different texture.
I didn’t add it this time, but this salad would be bomb with the addition of salmon. Simply cook up one or two filets, break up into bite-sized pieces with a fork, and stir in.
Herby Orzo Pasta Salad
- 3 cups cooked orzo
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- ½ cucumber peeled, cut into bite size pieces
- juice and zest of a lemon
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup feta
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked orzo, dill, parsley, cucumber, lemon juice and zest, halved grape tomatoes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, red onion, salt, and feta. Stir to combine.