Fresh, in season corn grilled and cut right off the cob, combined with flavor-packed ingredients like radishes and jalapeños, make this salad something special.
Michael absolutely loves elotes. Traditionally, “Mexican street corn” is grilled corn with mayo or butter and flavorful add ons like chili powder and lime. It often has cojita cheese as well.
This salad takes all of those delicious components, and makes them into something you can eat with a fork.
I’m going to be honest with you, when I made this, I tasted it to make sure everything came together well. Then I quickly took pictures and we immediately started eating it right off the serving dish, switching the fork back and forth between us. It was that good. 6 ears of corn and the 2 of us finished it in one night!
If that doesn’t sell you….
I have seen different versions of this out there on Pinterest and blogs, and I’m sure they are all delicious in their own way. What makes this one special is all the flavorful additions. Radishes for crunch and bite, jalapeños for heat, Josie’s green onions for subtle onion-y flavor. Oh, and lots of lime!
I’m very glad to be bringing you this post featuring Josie’s Organics Products. I was compensated for my time, but all opinions are 100% my own.
Fresh, in-season corn grilled and cut right off the cob, combined with flavor-packed ingredients like radishes and jalapeños, make this salad something special.
- 6-8 ears of corn
- 4 large radishes, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 half jalapeno, diced small
- ¼ cup mayo
- ½ tbs. chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Josie's Organics green onions, chopped
- 2 oz. queso fresco
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- extra limes, for serving
- To grill corn: Remove part of the husk and place on preheated grill. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until corn is tender and slightly charred. (If you want more blackened parts to the corn, you can fully remove the husk at the end of cooking and place back on the grill for a few additional minutes).
- Once corn has cooled, remove all husks and corn silk and using a very sharp knife, cut off the kernels from the cob.
- In a large mixing bowl, add corn, radishes, jalapeno, and green onions. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, mix together mayo, spices, and lime juice.
- Stir to combine until the mayo mixture coats the corn mixture.
- Place in serving bowl, and top with crumbled queso fresco and cilantro. Serve with additional lime wedges.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 6g