This chicken stuffed with baby broccoli and pesto is going to become your next go to weeknight meal. Pair it with mashed potatoes or pasta and you have yourself a 30 minute dinner that feels much fancier than the time it takes would let on.
I’m always looking for new recipes to use pesto. I don’t know about you but I often buy a jar for one recipe and then I don’t always use the whole thing! So I’m left with an open container and I don’t want that goodness to go to waste. Pesto is good on so many things. It can be used for something as simple as a sandwich spread or as a dip for crusty bread. Toss it with hot pasta and you’ve got yourself an easy lunch.
The recipe I created here is somewhat of a variation on Chicken Parmesan. It’s low carb without feeling like you’re missing out and it could easily be served with a side salad. If you have carb lovers in your house (like me and my husband!) it would be great with mashed potatoes or pasta. I love how the Josie‘s baby broccoli stays firm because I don’t steam it ahead of time. By doing this you don’t dirty another dish and you make sure that you’re getting the full level of nutrients out of your vegetables by not cooking them out. If you’re not a fan of firmer vegetables feel free to steam before you wrap— just a few minutes should do.
I’m very glad to be bringing you this post featuring Josie’s Organics Products. I was compensated for my time, but all opinions are 100% my own.
- 4 thin cut chicken breasts
- ½ cup pesto
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 bundles of Josie's Organics baby broccoli
- Preheat your oven to 375
- Flatten your chicken breasts out.
- In each chicken breasts, put ¼ of the broccoli and pesto, and wrap the chicken around them, placing them seam side down in a baking dish.
- You can use a toothpick if you'd like to hold the chicken together, however mine stuck together just fine by putting the seam side on the bottom of the dish.
- Cover the 4 chicken breasts with marinara sauce, and top with cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 463mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 40g