I LOVE stuffed mushrooms. My Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms are still one of my favorite (and most re-pinned) recipes that I have shared here. And Jalapeno Stuffed Mushrooms have just the right amount of spice.There is so much versatility with stuffed mushrooms that I feel like I will never get bored with coming up with new combinations to fill them with.
The recipe I am sharing today, however, is not new. This Vegetable Stuffed Mushroom is something that my mom has been making for years. Originally, she found it in a Pampered Chef cookbook. Over the years we just make it by memory, using the amounts of each ingredient that we think is best!
Stuffed mushrooms are a great appetizer for parties. They look a little fancier than many traditional offerings, but truly don't take much work. They are pretty inexpensive, too! This recipe creates around 30 mushrooms. That may seem like a lot, but trust me, they go fast! Each one can easily be popped in your mouth for a single bite, and that's part of what makes them a great finger food!
I used my food processor to chop up the vegetables, and I highly recommend that method if you have one. It made the prep time extremely short, and less messy. It also ensured all of the veggies were uniform in size, which helps with even cooking. If you don't have one-- don't fret! You will just have to spend a little extra time in the prep stage, ensuring everything is small and uniform. I only used the processor for the carrots and broccoli, not the green onions. I like being able to see the slightly bigger rings of onions, totally a preference thing!
The ingredients here are simple: broccoli and green onions, carrots, butter, shredded cheese, bread crumbs, and salt. And mushrooms of course! These little gems also make a great side dish for a weeknight meal.
Vegetable Stuffed Mushrooms
- Food processor
- 30 button or cremini mushrooms stems removed
- ¾ cup carrots very finely chopped
- ¾ cup broccoli very finely chopped
- ¼ cup green onions chopped
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup shredded Monetery Jack cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove stems and place mushrooms on baking sheet or in large baking dish.
- In food processor, finely dice broccoli and carrots until you have about ¾ a cup of each and the texture resembles around the size of rice or quinoa.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your veggies along with chopped green onions. Add cheese, bread crumbs, melted butter, and salt. Stir to combine. Taste to see if you need to add more salt.
- I find that my hands work best for stuffing the mushrooms, but you could also use a small spoon. Stuff until they have a nice sized mound on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
yumm yumm yumm! love mushrooms. Going to have to make these!