Pad Pak with Chicken (Stir Fried Vegetables)
Pad Pak is a Thai dish consisting of a variety of stir-fried vegetables. Every Thai restaurant I have been to prepares this dish slightly differently, but they all end up tasting delicious.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 8 oz can Reese whole water chestnuts quartered
- 3 large carrots sliced in rounds
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion sliced thin
- 1 cup snow peas sliced in half on the bias
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ cup red or white cabbage large chopped
- 1 8 oz package of mushrooms quartered
- 2 bell peppers large diced
- salt to taste
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ½ tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili paste optional
Chop up all of your vegetables into approximately bite-sized pieces.
Heat oil in wok and add chicken. Cook for a few minutes on its own, stirring frequently.
Add in vegetables, including water chestnuts, and saute for 5-7 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are cooked but firm.
Add sauce mixture and stir. Serve on its own or over rice.