A taco of any variety is a yes from me. Make it spicy with lots of sauce and I am totally sold! I love the flavors and how everything works together for the perfect bite.
The marinade for this chicken is not at all hard to do. There’s minimal chopping and it includes pantry staples. I suggest that if you end up having extra marinade, to not just discard it. I like to boil it and then pour that over the chopped chicken for extra flavor. This is an extra step but I can’t stand the thought of tossing all that delicious flavor down the drain. Make sure that you bring it up to a boil if you decide to keep it to ensure that any of the raw chicken juice is cooked off.
I thin slice my chicken breasts before adding them to the marinade so that more surface area is getting touched. This also helps the chicken cook faster and have more of its area exposed to browning.
The avocado cream is the perfect complement to the smoky and spicy chicken. It is cooling and creamy but still full of it’s own flavor. Feel free to make this a double batch if you are like me and like a LOT of sauce. It’s also a great chip dip if you somehow end up with extra!
I topped these with Josie’s Organics Power Mix for a little crunch and color. It has a great variety of veggies including, kale, green cabbage, broccoli, and carrots!
I used corn tortillas here, but it’s really up to your preference-- flour is fine too! Either way, make sure to throw them on the grill or stove for a few seconds before serving to heat them up a bit. This really helps the flavor and texture.
I’m very glad to be bringing you this post featuring Josie’s Organics Products. I was compensated for my time, but all opinions are 100% my own.
Spicy Chopped Chicken Tacos with Avocado Cream
- 10 corn tortilla shells
- 2 cups Josie's Power Mix
- 1 jalapeno thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 limes juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ ripe avocado
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1-2 limes juiced
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro
- Combine ingredients for marinade in a small bowl. Slice chicken breasts thinly, and cover with marinade. Allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating, heat up your grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill chicken until brown and crispy on the outside and cooked through. Remove from heat and let rest.
- While chicken is resting, prepare your avocado cream. In a bowl, mash up avocado until smooth. Add in yogurt, lime juice, cilantro, and salt. Stir to combine. If you want the mixture to be thinner, you may need to add in a little milk or water.
- To assemble tacos, heat up your tortillas, and then place a portion of chicken, Power Mix, a drizzle of avocado cream, and jalapenos.