If you are local to the Geneva, Il area, I am sure you are familiar with Moveable Feast. It's a local restaurant that serves fresh, daily made salads, soups, sandwiches, and more. They even are home to "Oprah's Favorite brownies."
I love their salads because they are healthy and unique. While they have staples, they also often switch things up with the seasons. Using sweet potatoes more often in the fall, fresh corn in the summer, and the like.
I had Moveable Feast in mind when I created this salad. They love utilizing quinoa and avocado in their salads and I do too!
To create this dish, I used brightly colored peppers and red quinoa. I used a heaping amount of fresh parsley-- parsley is often used as just a garnish, and that's a shame! It adds great freshness to dishes.
This salad makes a great side dish to simple grilled chicken breasts or on it's own for a snack!
Quinoa Power Salad
- 1 cup dry red quinoa
- 1 bell pepper small diced
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 half red onion small diced
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ cucumber small diced
- 2 avocados diced
- Prepare quinoa according to packaging instructions.
- Chop all veggies into small pieces.
- Combine all ingredients and gently stir to coat.