Everyone needs to know how to make a classic omelet! Follow the recipe below for just that.
A few pointers to ensure success:
The pan. Non-stick is a must here. No need to try and be impressive, just use non-stick. And keep it on the smaller side. The eggs will stay cozier and create a more fluffy omelet.
The ingredients.When prepared correctly, even the simplest of ingredients can create a flavorful omelet. 2 eggs, a dash of milk, s & p, and a little cheese is all you need. And butter. Don’t skimp!
How to Make the Perfect Omelet
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon gruyere, monterey, or swiss cheese
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Melt butter in small, nonstick pan on medium heat
- Crack your eggs directly into the nonstick pan on medium heat. Add in the milk, salt, and pepper, and immediately whisk in the pan.
- Using a nonstick spatula, skirt the edges of the omelet. Keep your eye on the eggs, and when they are just about set turn the heat off.
- As the residual heat from the pan finishes the eggs, sprinkle on your cheese and carefully fold your omelet over.