Peppery arugula, crunchy wheat berries, and creamy, salty feta. What’s not to love?!
Salads like this are a great way to get in fiber and vitamins without feeling bored. Pair this with a grilled chicken breast for a wonderfully light, but filling lunch!
Some fun substitutions:
Sweet potato--- butternut squash
Feta cheese—goat cheese
Try adding in diced apples or dried cranberry!
Arugula and Wheat Berry Salad
- 2 cups cooked wheat berries
- 1 sweet potato diced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil divided
- 1 ½ tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups lightly packed arugula
- Begin by preparing the wheat berries according to the packaging instructions. This should take about 45 minutes to an hour.
- While the berries are cooking, peel a sweet potato and dice into bite-sized pieces.
- Cover with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake at 400 for about 40 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add remaining olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add cooked wheat berries, sweet potato, arugula, and feta cheese. Stir to coat with the dressing. Serve.